Sometimes you need help, sometimes you want to help. As an open source community project there are ways to do both!
Step 1) Join Our Mailing List
Where can you get involved in the CFEclipse community? Where can you have all your questions answered? The CFEclipse mailing lists are here to help. All you need is an email address!
- CFEclipse-Users: This is the main place to ask questions and provide support to people using CFEclipse.
- CFEclipse-Dev: This is for developers that are writing or want to write code for CFEclipse itself.
If you have a Google/Gmail account - simply visit the links above.
To subscribe using another email account - simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Step 2) GitHub / Wiki
The CFEclipse source is stored at GitHub as is our project wiki and bug/issue tracking.
You can access the CFEclipse GitHub website at https://github.com/cfeclipse. Think you have spotted a bug or have an idea for a new feature? The CFEclipse team use GitHub to manage versions and issues.
Feel free to fork the CFEclipse code if you'd like to contribute!
When emailing the mailing list with a bug or other issue, please do a search in the existing tickets first to see if someone else has already reported it!
Please provide as much information as possible:
- Eclipse version: Help > About Eclipse SDK
- CFEclipse version: Help > About Eclipse SDK > Plug-in Details
- Java version: From a command line type "java -version"
- Operating System: Windows? OSX? Linux?
- Log: Error log information.